Nacho Beef Dip
Click here to return to the Appetizers And Snacks-Dips page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the Texas Beef Council. For more beef information and recipes visit www.txbeef.org.
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1 jar (15 to 15 1/2 oz.) prepared cheese dip
- 1/2 cup prepared mild or medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 small red bell pepper
- 2 green onions (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- blue, yellow and/or white corn tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8-10 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into small crumbles.
- Remove beef from skillet with slotted spoon and place in 9-inch microwave-safe round baking dish. Add cheese dip and salsa. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Using pot holders, stir beef mixture carefully. Continue to microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 to 4 minutes longer until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cut bell pepper into 1/4-inch pieces. Cut green onions crosswise into thin slices.
- Using pot holders, remove pie plate from microwave. Stir beef mixture carefully. Let stand 1 minute.
- Sprinkle top of beef mixture with bell pepper, green onions and olives. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.