Seattle Chicken Asparagus Stir-Fry
Click here to return to the Casseroles And Skillets-Poultry page
Recipe and photo used with permission by the National Chicken Council. For more chicken information and recipes visit www.nationalchickenmonth.com.
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut diagonally in 3-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce or sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- In large, nonstick wok or skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add vegetables and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, sherry and ginger; add to wok and stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Serve over rice.